Sunday, September 11

SPOTTED (series)

So here's the deal:
This blog is a collection of all things Pittsburgh: food, events, fashion, restaurants, hang-out spots, etc. If it sounds interesting, it'll (hopefully) end up on here.

Now, the SPOTTED series in this blog focuses on the street style.

I won't be calling you up to take a picture of you -- even if you're my friend, please don't expect any favoritism. But if I like what you're wearing (whether I find fascinating one item or the whole ensemble), chances are that I'll ask to take a picture of you.
As Scott Schuman from the Sartorialist says,

It's all about self-expression. I rarely shoot a look where I love all the elements. I don't need to love the whole look: I just need to identify the one or two elements that mean something to me, and then capture it in the romantic way I see it. In that way I think I am 'visually greedy'. Like most of the designers I know, they can hone in on the trim-detail of a vintage dress and simply disregard the rest. Let's just say it's a positive and less judgemental way to look at the world.
Chances are that I won't necessarily run into you every day, so your safest bet to be bold all the time. And what's the worst that can happen? After all, you'll never live to the fullest if you keep telling yourself, "I'll do it tomorrow."

So you wear the clothes, and I'll take the pictures. Hope to see and photograph you sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...