Thursday, January 5

Versace for H&M Cruise Collection

Remember the collaboration between H&M and Versace last season? Well, rumors were that a second collection was to be released soon afterwards. But this time, the focus would be resort wear.
And now, proof is finally out. Here's a sneak peak:




You can see that there's a sort of fruit print going on. It seems to be the theme.
I'm personally not as excited as I was for the collaboration that was released in the fall. For me, I associate my ideal Versace with glamorous metallics, edgy leather, and luxurious prints. Though the cruise collection here has a print, it's not in the Ginanni-era style that I so adore.
I admit that it's whimsical and fun (and quite adorable, I'd warrant), but I guess I'm just not feeling this collection -- especially in comparison to the fall's collection The Very Best of Versace for H&M line (where I felt that Donatella was somewhat channeling Gianni, I daresay).

Speaking of which... I wonder how this resort wear will fare. I mean, I think it'll be hard to top what happened in November (the H&M site got so much traffic that it crashed; people unsurprisingly camped outside of stores two days before the collection released went on sale; some stores sold out in half an hour; and injuries resulted, including an incident in Hong Kong, where a woman reportedly sent two henchmen to beat up the security guards who had accused her of cutting a line of three hundred shoppers). But who knows? Maybe everyone will have a greater fashion fever over these pieces than the ones in the fall.

In any case, that's the new situation with Versace's affair with H&M.

What do you think?

Sources: Huffington Post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...