Sunday, January 1

THE LOOK: Ushering in a New Year



Happy new year, everyone!
Here's my outfit from new year's eve.


More after the jump!




I normally don't go for loud graphics since I like to let my outfit itself make a statement (as opposed to prints). But I decided to go for something bright and somewhat obnoxious because whattheheck, it's a new year. And everyone else decided to go out with a bang, so why not me?

Anyways, I borrowed my sister's Minnie Mouse ears but decided to wear them around the collar. Kind of like a bow-tie but with peripheral adornments, yeah? I know that some people were kind of confused, but who cares about that? I was pleased, and that's what mattered to me.


Anyways... Now that Christmas is over, we have the new year to consider.
With all of the hype and talk of resolutions and plans for the new year, it seems like everyone's been in a mad frenzy. Goals, parties, friends, plans, making out on TV (it was so unnecessary -- the ball dropping is far more important than seeing couples' visual tongue violence, thank you).

I feel like I haven't lived up to everyone's expectations: What are my resolutions? What're my hopes? What do I want to do this new year? People have been asking me, and I just shrug. I don't know. I haven't thought any up yet. I just want to keep working at being a good person and taking the time to enjoy life, but these aren't new goals -- I've been trying for a long time. So I guess I don't really have any new ideas for the new year, haha.
But I'll think about it some more and see if I can come up with anything.

Anyways, have a wonderful start to the new year until the next post! I hope you've made your first day count!


P. S. This look is now on LookBook, too. Check it out, and Hype it if you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...