Saturday, January 14

A Weekend in New York

So I went to New York, as my previous post pointed out.
It was wonderful to see my friend (whom I had not seen in two years, who is going away for the semester, who is also practically my relative at this point in my life), and I also had a nice time just chilling and milling around New York.
And, of course, of course, of course, I have pictures to share with you all and little anecdotes.


This pretty much sums it all up, though.

Just click to read more!

The first day (night), I arrived in New York and met up with my friend, whom I hadn't seen in two years. We went to get food and headed to an Italian bakery afterward, and I ordered a beautiful chocolate and pear dessert while she got a strawberry mille-feuille.

Pears and chocolate go so well together.

We didn't really have a ton of time since I arrived during the evening, but I did manage to snap a picture of (a passenger on the subway with) a nifty bag. Isn't it a cute idea?

Color it in -- a great DIY.
The next day, we headed to the Chinatown in Manhattan upon my insistence.


We got dim sum -- I mean, I gave fair warning, after all.
It was wonderful since I haven't had dim sum in a really long time, though my friend wasn't quite used to it.






And then we stopped by a Chinese bakery so that I could pick up some other delicious Asian food.

The assortment -- just look at it!
Chinatown is, funny enough, right next to Little Italy. So we walked in, and it was so adorable since everyone still had Christmas decorations up and all.


And I saw a girl with leopard-print bottoms, which I really enjoyed. In fact, there were a lot of people who were dressed wonderfully, but I didn't really feel like trying to snap pictures in busy intersections. So I have no proof, which is sad.

SPOTTED
New York

And then we went to Central Park, which was nice. We wanted to walk to Times Square as well, which is close to one corner of the park.
The problem: we ended up getting off at the very opposite corner of the park. So we were walking for a long time in the cold. (And she had convinced me to leave my gloves behind, so my hands were freezing.)
But we ended up passing a few playgrounds. And it was lovely, but my friend didn't want to play. So I ended up being a creeper on the playground by myself.


We also went down the Museum Mile, where we got pretzels.
Her choice: cinnamon raisin.
My choice: cheddar-truffle.
It was heavenly.

Sliding at the Museum.
A WONDERFUL and warm cheddar-truffle pretzel.
We eventually got to Times Square, and it was all dark by the time we arrived since we had spent out entire afternoon walking around Central Park.

The wonderful store for Disney is right next to a large Forever 21.
I definitely ran around the store and caused alarm for both parents
and security guards since I kept picking things up and wanting to buy
them. I didn't end up getting anything, but I'm just biding my time.
Haha. One day, I'll own the store, and everything will then be mine!
And that pretty much concludes our trip, since we left the day after.
Our stay wasn't really structured or anything, which I really appreciated. I wasn't really there to see New York as much as to see my friend, anyways. So I think it worked out well.

Now that this post is out of the way, it's time to resume regular content, then!
Off we go, whee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...