Saturday, November 5

pittstylevincent LOVES: attitude (and How to Get Photographed)

Aside from the actual outfit, one of the things that really strikes me about the people I ask to photograph for the SPOTTED series is how they wear their clothes. I've seen some people who are wearing outfits I've liked, but sometimes they don't seem to have the attitude, the persona.

Click for more!

But what does "attitude" mean, and what is it?

I know it sounds vague, but I'm sure you've encountered it before -- that spark that makes you say, "Whoa... I want to be that person's friend!" And it doesn't have to be a fierce personality. You just need to own the look, and give off that I'm wearing this, and I know I look good aura.
It's the confidence of that woman who sneaks one last peak in the mirror before work and says, "Yeah... I've definitely got it." It's the blasé coolness of that dandy who wears the bow tie and suit around campus despite the people who snicker and give him funny looks. It's the fierceness of that girl who orders her morning Starbucks in a topknot, blazer, and five-inch heels because she knows that she's going to make it big one day. It's the mettle of that guy who steps onto the bus while decked out in his top hat, cane, and cape.

It's not about looking haughty in order to trick people into thinking that you've got style.
It's having style -- and not getting upset if others disagree because you know you've got it.

Former editor-in-chief of French Vogue, Carine Roitfeld, has nailed the fierce attitude.
She knows she looks good, and she won't let you forget.

And here's Anna Dello Russo, editor-at-large for Japan's Vogue. She keeps things charming
and lighthearted without ever letting you doubt the confidence behind her fashion.

In short, here's the gist to having "the attitude" with an outfit:
Wear the clothes; don't let the clothes wear you.

So snap and crackle like you mean it.

Sources: http://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/, http://www.thesartorialist.com/

P. S. A reminder that Lifestyle of Style has a Facebook page now! Like it, and spread the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...