Monday, March 26

THE LOOK: Warm Hopes

The city is really playing with us now -- from 80 degrees on Wednesday and Thursday, it's gone down to 40 degrees. It's almost unbelievable until I remember that this is Pittsburgh. And then I resign myself to the city's cruelty and cry a little.

In any case, I took advantage of the sun last week and took pictures.

See? I had shorts on last week -- shorts. And it's not even April yet!
That's how nice it was.

I suppose it's a little more natural to have 40-degree weather in March than for it to be in the 80s, but it seems somewhat cruel to have given us such wonderful summer weather only to punch us in the face and say, "AHA. Back to blustering winds and cold extremities." Thanks, Pittsburgh.
Oh well.

Speaking of March, I know that the posts have become sporadic again. And I have to apologize for this and explain myself.
See, I decided (because I clearly make the best life decisions ever) to present at a literature conference. And it's not like I had three papers due by the end of this moth or anything. You know. And it's not like I now have to prepare to present this paper in addition to the other ones I had. And it's not like I've become a hermit once more or anything. (Because this would be completely unlike me, you realize.)
Anyways, it's just that we're nearing the end of the semester, and everything's reaching a culmination. And everyone always ends up a sobbing mess around this time, so you'll have to excuse me as I join the rest of society in mourning our choices: "WHY DID CHOOSE THIS MAJOR? WHY AM I HERE? WHY DON'T I JUST LEAVE ALL OF MY PRIVILEGED, FIRST-WORLD WORRIES BEHIND AND BECOME A FORAGER IN PAPUA NEW GUINEA?"
I'll make sure to tear myself away from the circle of tears once in a while to give you content, though.

Anyways, I have one more picture below.
Click the link to see it if you'd like!


Hype it on LookBook if you'd like.

It's a very dressed-down kind of look: simple and sunny.
Oh, those were some nice days we had last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...